Are you seeking employment in the insurance industry in California? Or you want to know more about a customer-centric insurance that can boost your resume value?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then you need know more about this result-oriented insurance company called, Blue Shield of California.
Blue Shield Of California is a nonprofit health insurance firm that focuses on ensuring all Californians have access to very good health care services at affordable prices. Their mission is to transform the current healthcare system into one that they would bring their friends and family to by providing the best care for its members. This they have been doing since 1939 not just for members alone but also to their communities.
Here are the basic concepts Blue Shield of California is know for:
- Trusted and trusting
- Valuing people
- Agile and nimble
- Creative solutioning
Member Input And Career
The employees also help fulfill the mission of the company by creating a community. The nonprofit hosts a yearly Month of Giving Service. Just last year alone, more than 44% of employees participated in 57 volunteer projects that served 27 nonprofits. The company often seeks skilful individuals who are excited about improving the lives of its members.
The company has a model that is based on its value and standard for individuals who wishes to take their career to another level. They also offers award-winning leadership development programs that are listed below:
• Lead to Excellence (L2X) – This is a 3-part program for directors and vice presidents.
• Manage to Excellence (M2X) – This program helps supervisors become senior managers through in-person and virtual educational sessions.
• Manage to Excellence (M2X) Next – This is designed to develop supervisors to senior managers through a series of virtual blended learning campaigns.
• Ready to Lead (R2L) – This program helps individuals understand the management philosophy and expectations.
• Shield Emerging Leaders (SEL) – This is a 2-year program designed to develop future leaders with a master’s degree within the company.
The Benefits At The Blue Shield Insurance Company
Perks are things Blue Shield Of California put in their priorities. They have absolutely reward for employees that are competent in meeting up with tasks. They rewards skills and ensure that their employers live better lives. They perks are listed below:
- Medical, dental, and vision plan benefits from day one
- A monthly fitness reimbursement program
- 4% company 401(k) match20 days of paid time off per year with additional days added after five years of service
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 4 weeks of full pay for Sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave with full pay
- Other leave of absence programs, including bereavement, jury duty, family care, maternity, military service, and more
- 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer with eligible nonprofit organizations
- Matching Gifts Program
- Life and AD&D; insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter programs
- Wellvolution and fitness programs that help with weight management, nutrition and smoking cessation
- Employee recognition programs
- Back-up child and elderly care
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 a year
- Scholarship program for children, stepchildren and grandchildren of Blue Shield employees
Key people in this company include Marie Romero (Director Of Talent Acquisition), Jessica Shih (Manager Media Relations), and Jeff Robertson (VP And Chief Marketing Officer)
Blue Shield is one of the companies in California with happy employees who are well taken care of and in return they give their best in improving healthcare system that’s affordable for everyone.
The Blue Shield Health Insurance Company Overview
EMPLOYEES: Over 6000
YEAR FOUNDED: 1938
HEADQUARTERS: San Francisco, CA
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit
THE COMPANY’S MISSION
To ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at an affordable price.
Perks Of Working At Blue Shield Health Insurance Company Of California
The benefits at Blue Shield of California include health insurance, 401k plan, impressive work-life balance, career opportunities, employee discounts, paid holiday, wellness programs, etc
- All You Need to Know About QBE: QBE Meaning, Insurance Contact, Insurance Rating and Many More
- How Principal Financial Group Was Built
- How GEICO Became the Second Largest Auto Insurance Company in the U.S.
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know about Hagerty Insurance Agency
- How Prudential Financial Inc Was Built Into a Billion Dollar Insurance Company
- How New York Life Insurance Group Started
- Top 10 UK Insurance Companies in 2020
- All You Need To Know About Keenan
- How This Billion-Dollar Insurance Company Called Metlife Inc Was Built
- Secrets Nobody Tells You About Mercury Insurance Group