If you are looking for an affordable car insurance quote then you need to avoid these cars like a plague because if you don’t, they are going to skyrocket your insurance cost to high heavens.
Some of the cars we are going to be listing among the cars to avoid like a plague are either expensive to insure or expensive to purchase.
It was Chris Gerdes, a professor of mechanical engineering at the prestigious Stanford University who said, “Life is a way too short for boring cars.”
While we all agree that nice, luxury, high-performance cars are among the things that make people happy and fulfilled, riding these cars come with a huge economic impact due to their high auto insurance costs.
It’s on record worldwide that the most expensive cars to insure are all sports and luxury cars. Cheaper cars will always come with the cheapest car insurance coverage. Of course, you already know that the safety ratings of a car affect its insurance rate.
- 6 Foolproof Things That Can Affect Your Car Insurance Premiums in 2020
- How to Get the Best Car Insurance Quotes at an Affordable Price
- 5 Ways to Get Lower Auto Insurance Costs in 2020
Some of the cars to avoid if you are considering getting the cheapest car insurance quote from the top insurance companies are:
- Sports cars like Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita, Lamborghini Veneno, Lykan Hypersport, Pininfarina Sergio, Aston Martin Valkyrie, Mansory Vivere Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari LaFerrari, etc
- High-performance luxury cars
- Vehicles with poor safety ratings
- Cars with specialty parts
- Cars with almost no second hand value.
Before buying a car you need to put into consideration its insurance cost if you truly want to enjoy it. There are cars you need to avoid like a plague if you are on a shoestring budget in terms of your auto insurance coverage.
According to a report published by Insure.com, here is the list of the most expensive cars to insure. Coming number one on the list of the most expensive cars to insure is Mercedes AMG GT R with an average insurance premium of $4,082 per annum.
- Tips on Selecting UK Insurance for Your Used Car
- How to Get GEICO Car Insurance Discounts
- How to Get the Best Deal on Life Insurance with a Spotty Driving Record
Here are the top ten most expensive vehicles to insure in 2020:
|1||Mercedes||AMG GT R||$4,082|
|2||Audi||R8 5.2L V10 Quattro Performance||$4,033|
|4||BMW M8||M8 Competition XDrive convertible||$3,953|
|7||Porsche||Panamera GTS Turbo||$3,800|
|8||Tesla||Model X Performance||$3,798|
|9||Dodge||Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye||$3,768|
Audi R8 5.2L V10 Quattro Performance with an insurance cost of $4,033 is the second most expensive car to insure. Tesla Model X Performance is the 8th most expensive car to insure in 2020 with an insurance rate of $3,798.If you are wondering why Mercedes AMG GT R, Tesla Model X Performance and the rest we listed above are the most expensive cars to insure it is because of the high cost of replacing the parts, the cost of purchase of a brand new one and security risks.
Seeing the exorbitant cost of insuring these cars one needs not ask again how insurance companies make billions of dollars annually.